And How Much Wood Is In THIS Truck?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battenkiller

Minister of Fire
Nov 26, 2009
Just Outside the Blue Line
Getting a load from this guy on Friday. Supposed to be same size load as the pic. How much do you think is on his truck?

Attachments

• Firewood.jpg
    Firewood.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 483
Battenkiller said:
Getting a load from this guy on Friday. Supposed to be same size load as the pic. How much do you think is on his truck?

1-1/2 1-3/4-tops

If I was able to accurately measure truck, I could give you exact answer in less than a minute

ESTIMATING: Truck load looks about 6'X6'X5' = 180 cubic feet or 1 1/2 cords

It's hard to tell from the pic whether the entire load is ranked up or just one row in the back and the rest bulk loaded. A well ranked cord is 128 cu ft while a bulk loaded cord is more like 180 cu ft.

LLigetfa said:
It's hard to tell from the pic whether the entire load is ranked up or just one row in the back and the rest bulk loaded. A well ranked cord is 128 cu ft while a bulk loaded cord is more like 180 cu ft.

Most reputable guys around here just have the back stacked like that for stability, the rest is tossed in behind. That way they can give you a heaping truck load. I have yet to meet this seller, so haven't seen the truck in person, but I'm pretty sure there's well more than a cord there. I'm guessing 1 1/2. Guy says it's a cord, so any extra will be a gift. I sure doubt it'll be short. Supposed to get it on Friday. $150 for a mix of ash, birch, maple and cherry. It'll go nice with the trailer of saw fodder (black locust logs) that just got dumped where my old metal shed used to sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.