And so begins...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

precaud

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny New Mexico
www.linearz.com
another burning season today, one week later than 2011, and nearly 3 weeks later than 2010. The solar heaters have covered heating needs easily until today, without even turning on their fans. Since I had so much wood left over last season, I made my "burn pile" storage area 20% smaller this year. Hopefully that won't backfire on me. :)

It's really nice to have a fire going again. A reborn pyromaniac every year!

I'm still running the air conditioner. :-(

West is near Waco.

Ah yes, they were in the 80's today. We're currently taste-testing a package that's heading his way, should arrive there Monday, mking might need to fire up his VC, for a day or two anyway...

Lit the 5036 a couple weeks ago; already had our first couple snows-come and gone, but the temps are in the 30's/20's overnight with the occasional teens. Grabbed 4 pickup loads of scrounge wood (old logging site) so I'll have about a month or so of free heat.

Ah yes, they were in the 80's today. We're currently taste-testing a package that's heading his way, should arrive there Monday, mking might need to fire up his VC, for a day or two anyway...

Ha, ya I'm near Waco. It was 36 this morning. Problem is (not a problem really) is that it will take several days of lows around freezing for my house to cool enough to make a fire worth lighting. I feel like all the work all year cutting/splitting/stacking is for nothing. :) We never really get consistently cold (for us) until December. Just ready for some fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.