1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

And so begins...

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by precaud, Nov 10, 2012.

1. precaud

precaud Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sunny New Mexico
    another burning season today, one week later than 2011, and nearly 3 weeks later than 2010. The solar heaters have covered heating needs easily until today, without even turning on their fans. Since I had so much wood left over last season, I made my "burn pile" storage area 20% smaller this year. Hopefully that won't backfire on me. :)

It's really nice to have a fire going again. A reborn pyromaniac every year!
    gmule, PapaDave and Gark like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mking7

mking7 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    West, TX
    I'm still running the air conditioner. :-(
  3. precaud

precaud Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sunny New Mexico
    Where in TX are you?
  4. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    West is near Waco.
  5. precaud

precaud Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sunny New Mexico
    Ah yes, they were in the 80's today. We're currently taste-testing a package that's heading his way, should arrive there Monday, mking might need to fire up his VC, for a day or two anyway...
  6. yooperdave

yooperdave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Lit the 5036 a couple weeks ago; already had our first couple snows-come and gone, but the temps are in the 30's/20's overnight with the occasional teens. Grabbed 4 pickup loads of scrounge wood (old logging site) so I'll have about a month or so of free heat.
  7. mking7

mking7 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    West, TX
    Ha, ya I'm near Waco. It was 36 this morning. Problem is (not a problem really) is that it will take several days of lows around freezing for my house to cool enough to make a fire worth lighting. I feel like all the work all year cutting/splitting/stacking is for nothing. :) We never really get consistently cold (for us) until December. Just ready for some fire.