And so it begins (lake effect snow..... arg)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsman23

Minister of Fire
Aug 26, 2008
western southern tier of NYS
Drove through some of this on my way in and it was really bad!!! and it's just getting started..

Lake Effect Snow Warning
NYZ012-019-020-085-020500-
/O.CON.KBUF.LE.W.0006.000000T0000Z-101203T1100Z/
WYOMING-CHAUTAUQUA-CATTARAUGUS-SOUTHERN ERIE-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WARSAW...JAMESTOWN...OLEAN...
ORCHARD PARK...SPRINGVILLE
348 PM EST WED DEC 1 2010

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST
FRIDAY...

A LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST
FRIDAY.

* LOCATIONS: SOUTHERN ERIE...WYOMING...EXTREME NORTHERN
CHAUTAUQUA AND EXTREME NORTHERN CATTARAUGUS COUNTIES.

* TIMING: LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 18 TO 36 INCHES IN THE MOST PERSISTENT
BANDS. SNOWFALL RATES OF 2 TO 5 INCHES PER HOUR LIKELY.

* IMPACTS: HEAVY SNOW WILL PRODUCE VERY DIFFICULT TRAVEL
CONDITIONS WITH SNOW COVERED ROADS AND POOR VISIBILITY. THE
HEAVY WET NATURE OF THE SNOW WILL BRING DOWN SOME TREE LIMBS AND
PRODUCE SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Were outside of the lake effect snow but had enough rain yesterday that I couldn't get to work this morning lots of flooding. I work in olean and they don't often get included in lake snow either,but this time of year they could
Guy

Guy said:
Were outside of the lake effect snow but had enough rain yesterday that I couldn't get to work this morning lots of flooding. I work in olean and they don't often get included in lake snow either,but this time of year they could
Guy

I live just north of olean in Franklinville, we have very little snow there but just south of buffalo some spots ahve 3'

I'm just south into PA if your not getting hit it should be an easy drive in tomorrow(if I don't need a boat)
Guy

at least Lake Erie freezes.

Ha, I was totally expecting this to be a post from someone in Utah! There's about 18" sitting on my lawn right now. And that's AFTER the sunny day we had today. We hates it, we does!

~Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.