And so it begins....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bootstrap

Burning Hunk
Dec 4, 2013
Northern CT
Well folks, the heating season is now fully upon us. At least here in the north east it is. We just recently got off a two day steak of 60+ degrees. Prior to that, I was only firing my furnace on some evenings, maybe a few days a week. Now, it is running 24 hours. And looking at the forecast, it appears itll be 24/7 going forward.
With my Englander 28-3500, I am getting overnight burns pretty easily. It was loaded up at 830pm last night and around 5am when I got up, still had hot coals to get the next load going. Usually there is still remnants of 1 oak log still burning, which makes it even easier to get the next load going.

I'll say that I'm actually looking forward to this cold season more than most. It was a really hot summer. Lots of days of 90+. Not only that, but wife and I are both hunters, and last hunting season was a joke because of the warm weather.
We have about 7 cords of wood ready to go. Even in the worst winters with a much crappier stove, I only burnt 5 cords. So this season should be a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.