And so, the cleaning begins.........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. That is phenomenal.

And as per the amount of ash in my ashpan on my Lopi Yankee Bay. I let it go for 7 bags and the ash was pretty high. The burnpot could use some love. But in the ashpan there were only about 20 or so small clinkers that made it down there. Usually after a typical 5 bag cleaning for me, it has a few clinkers in the ashpan and that's about it.

Congrats Macman! This is the stove I recommended to my nephew to buy, and he did and it was based all on your satisfaction with yours. He loves his too.

Sorry to bump this up but, I am seriously considering this stove. The ash is equal to 7 days or about 10 bags in my 2001 25-PDVC. The wife agrees that over the range of a ton, we get prob 10 gallons of loose ash. This is impressive. We run nothing but Instant heat pellets. I am thinking about changing to the few brands the big box's sell but have a good connection and hate to hurt him.

I still cant beleive this is all the ash you get!!

Whirlyduck said:
....We run nothing but Instant heat pellets. I am thinking about changing to the few brands the big box's sell.....I still cant beleive this is all the ash you get!!

You mean you only burn "Instant Heat-Less" ?? If you switch to a better grade of pellet, you'll see less ash....

I realize that and thats why I have been doing alot of reading on here. I will give it a shot this year at the local HD. When I put the stove in the only thing they had was Presto-Logs and the stove didnt like em. .

Status
Not open for further replies.