And the price gouging begins!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ken372

Sep 18, 2014
Pa.
I was at a local ace hardware today they had ligs for 8.29 a bag and a sign that said 10 bag limit due to pellet shortage.yet the weis market not 2 miles up the rd had stacks of big heats for 4.99 a bag no limits I realize there is a difference between ligs and big heats however at 4.99 a bag it's not a bad deal for a soft wood pellet

Not that much of a difference. So what if there is a little more ash or a little less heat, you're saving a bundle getting the Big Heats.

For sure I already have a ton of them and my stove likes them just cracks me up how these people think by placing a sign that says due to shortage they think they will scare people into paying crazy prices for pellets.now way I would pay 8 bucks a bag for any pellet,I love my stove but for that price i would burn the propane furnace and set the stat to 75

Reactions: Peterfield
$8.29 a bag....... what a bargain! Ace is awfully proud of their pellets. They screwed my wife on bags of rock salt last winter like that during a shortage here which there was on rock salt at the time. I was out of town and salt was used before I knew what she paid. $24 bucks for $5 bags. I drive farther to spend my money now.

And I was laughing at the local Agway who wants $6/bag (as of yesterday). They didn't have a limit, nor a sign saying anything about a shortage though. However, I can get pellets for 4.98/bag at WM or HD. Okay, neither is close (30 miles). BUT, I happen to work a couple of miles from both stores, so it's no big deal for me to pick up some during lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.