And the stockings were hung..........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

z-man

Mar 10, 2006
Here is my Lopi Freedom insert that was installed last month. Just in time for Christmas!! Stove is not burning in the pic. we move the stockings away when we fire it up.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and tips so far. I have never burned until this year, and 100% of what I know is from this board and the search button :) We actually realized right before our install date that we only had 13.25" in front of the insert (which is extended onto the hearth), so we cut the rug and put in 1 rom of 6" tile to meet code. i got that idea from a help thread I posted, thanks to all who chimed in.

Insert has been inspected, we did a full 25' line with 6" 316Ti, and we have burned 15-20 nights so far. I have about 5-6 cord out back, 3 is split so far. This is the smartest thing I've done as a homeowner, 'free' heat is wonderful, and the piece of mind about having a backup heat source in a cold New England winter is uncomparable. My 2 young sons (3.5 and 1.5) love it also (we put a screen up when we burn to keep them away)

Merry Christmas to all.

Attachments

• DSC03173-small.JPG
    DSC03173-small.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 769
Looks nice! Enjoy your first Christmas with your new stove. How could ya not.

Status
Not open for further replies.