and yet another wood id (Mulligan.... w/ better pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawneyboy

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2010
NE PA
Ok so instead of my cell phone I used the reg digital camera.... Is it (blue) beech ? Is it Hackberry? If not one of those, what is it ???

2 pics of bark, one of end, one of pimple/dimple close up, and one of wood that was closer to stump end of tree.. any help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• bark.jpg
    bark.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 315
  • bark 2.jpg
    bark 2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 316
  • dimple.jpg
    dimple.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 317
  • end 001.jpg
    end 001.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 308
  • stump.jpg
    stump.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 319
Yup, definately beech.
One of my favorites to burn...pretty heavy when green, but once seasoned its my favorite.

daveswoodhauler said:
Yup, definately beech.
One of my favorites to burn...pretty heavy when green, but once seasoned its my favorite.

That aint no joke, I had 2 foot diameter rounds to get into pickem-up truck. Was a biotch...

Beech

Yes beech, but not blue beech.

Blue beech or hornbeam (not hop-hornbeam) or ironwood looks like muscles in the bark. It's really distinctive.

Matt

Blue beech or hornbeam (not hop-hornbeam) or ironwood looks like muscles in the bark. It's really distinctive.

Matt

EatenByLimestone said:

Matt
Yes, in his other thread you can see the beautiful wood grain.

A-cord-ingLEE said:
American beech 2 B specific.

I carved in these tree's as a kid and watch the tattoo stretch over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.