Andirons for Vigilant 1A???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spolleypt

Oct 17, 2012
Maine
On a parts list for the Vigilant 1A I see a set of Andirons. These bolt on. Could someone explain what they are used for and where they bolt. Are these actually for this stove, they are not in diagram? Thanks

0000051 Set of Andirons w/Bolts

I thought they were stock - but if not, they simply make it do that you can pile wood higher with the doors open - or keep it back from the doors a bit if loaded from the top, I remember selling them....so maybe they were an option....
925775.jpg

it's kinda funny this was brought up looking inside my defiant i see 2 holes right in front by the front doors just below the the opening but i never heard or seen any for defiant 1

I don't see any need at all to have andirons in a Vig.

Status
Not open for further replies.