Andriod App - About my woods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
A New England regional organization is offering an app for small woodland owners. I haven't had a chance to try it but it may be of interest to those who have woodlands. It sounds like it has a lot of nice features including mapping and access to various types of maps.

http://www.aboutmywoods.org/

I would be interested in hearing how it works from someone who tries it.

Its some kind of foresters association. (?) Only has about 100 participants, maybe it could blossom out into a nice networking hub but its not even in infancy stage...more like post conception. 100 million participants would make me more comfortable.
You dont know till you go to download it, what information it wants from you. Some terms of agreement require too much disclosure.
I'll have to research the web developer.
But thanks Peakbagger for sharing. How did you come across this App?

I am on a mailing list for one of the sponsors.

Status
Not open for further replies.