Annual flue inspection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rangerbait

Feeling the Heat
Dec 17, 2016
Shepherdstown, WV
Just popped up to the chimney cap to see if the flue needs a sweepin’ and here’s what I found:

7d1b00151f87dc511ae627a14f563912.jpg

After two seasons and 14 cords through my BK King, there’s not a bit of creosote build up. Good thing I bought that fancy Soot Eater that’s still new in box! [emoji849]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Huckleberry
It's at the top, popped the cap off and took a pic. I was really expecting to find more in there, but alas...

I used my handy little articulating boom lift to get up there.

Attachments

• IMG_6528.JPG
    IMG_6528.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 144
I cleaned ours Saturday. The top was clean but not as clean as yours. I thought the liner really didnt need cleaning., but ran the soot eater since the system was open. We have a fee standing stove and the connector and the lower "T" required cleaning. It appears debris from the top (including screen) may have fallen down and accumulated in the "T". Total accumulation for last year was about a quart.