Annual unit shipments of wood stoves/inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ControlFreak

Feeling the Heat
Jan 15, 2008
Holden, MA
Does anyone have any data showing the annual shipments of cordwood appliances sold into the US over the past few years?

Thanks,

Dan

Hard to imagine that the lines heads down from 1999 until now, but always possible. This may be thrown off by open fireplaces, which sell in vast quantities when building is hot.

Also, these figures are from manufacturers that choose to participate, so there is a magic 8 ball involved.

I think this year is going to be very busy for wood stove manufactures.
While talking to the dealer where I bought my stove from he said this is the busiest he's ever been.
With heating costs on the rise more and more people will be turning to alternative ways to heat there homes.

MishMouse said:
I think this year is going to be very busy for wood stove manufactures.
While talking to the dealer where I bought my stove from he said this is the busiest he's ever been.
With heating costs on the rise more and more people will be turning to alternative ways to heat there homes.

I Agree! Im allset for next year!Now if they could make a car that ran on wood! (Just hit $4.06 today).

stanleyjohn said:
I Agree! Im allset for next year!Now if they could make a car that ran on wood! (Just hit $4.06 today).

I want a wood powered air conditioner.

Those graphs just go to show the intellingence or lack-of in north america. You decide?

BrotherBart said:
stanleyjohn said:

I want a wood powered air conditioner.

Working on it, but you aren't gonna like the price...

Chris

sonnyinbc said:
Those graphs just go to show the intellingence or lack-of in north america. You decide?

Realize that when someone buys a wood stove, it lasts for many, many years. It's not like we go out and buy one each year. So, to an extent, the numbers are cumulative.

Also, I see that pellet stoves supplemented some of the cordwood stoves in 2005 and 2006.

It may also be interesting to see the shipment history for homeowner class chainsaws ;-)

Ken

Ken45 said:
sonnyinbc said:

Also, I see that pellet stoves supplemented some of the cordwood stoves in 2005 and 2006.

Ken

2004/05 and 2005/06 were very heavy years for pellet stove sales with us , ratio was heavier pellet lighter wood , very little gas coming from us , most of that was the "katrina effect" and gas starting its climb rapidly in the fall of 04, we as did the rest of the industry , did run balls out all season that year to try to keep up with demand, was quite a season. 05/06 kinda dipped a bit pellet wise, wood picked up a smidge still not much interest in gas. last year both picked up a fair amount and gas did a little better as well , mostly NG units as its still fairly attractive costwise compared to pellet, LP on the other hand is not so it didnt bounce much

People around here go for gas fireplaces. More for ambiance than warmth...

I keep quiet, relatively, about using wood for heat because I don't want more doing it due to what it will do to the cost of wood....supply and demand....Their ignorance is my bliss and lower heating costs!

I'm holding out for a wind driven car. Saw a prototype at the car show last month. All the gas guzzlers were main stage. He was given a corner....Just hope he hangs in there. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.