Another Alderlea question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2011
Sodus NY
As i continue to read the many posts on this forum another question popped into my head. I have settled on the PE Alderlea T5, and I just read a post about sweeping the chimney. My chimney goes straight up through the ceiling. With my Dutchwest the soot/creosote just fell into the firebox, with the damper open of course (I'll never do that again). How will I sweep the Alderlea?

Good going. It will clean the same way. The baffle drops out with just pulling out a pin

Not that you'll need to clean it much anymore if your running it correctly. I haven't put a brush down my chimney in 5 years, every other year i pull out the baffle and clean off the top and get about 2-3 cups worthof ash. Up top i get about 1 cup worth on the leeward side of my cap and i brush that off with my hand once a year.

swept my summit the other day. Chimney had about 1/2 a quart of fine dust after almost 6 cords since last yr 'bout this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.