Another Auger Motor?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeB

Apr 4, 2006
Bangor, Maine
A month ago I had to have a new auger motor installed in one of my Harman Accentras. It's three years old. Tonight it's not feeding pellets again. If it's the auger motor this time, any ideas on what could be causing a failure so quickly? This is getting really irritating. I waited a week the last time. I'm thinking of getting a wood stove if this keeps up.

Moe

It's probably not much help but I have had alot of problems with pellets causing jams in the auger motor. I have a Quadra-fire Mt. Vernon but anytime my stove stops feeding, I just go in and take out a couple of screws and wiggle the auger motor around a little and all the jammed up pellets fall and the stove works fine again. Like I said, it's not much help but maybe it is just a jam this time. I know I would hate to have to keep replacing the motor! Good luck!

It turned out that my problem was the chain was off. My stove guy sent a young man over to put it back on, and within 12 hours, it had stopped again. I removed the back cover, and the chain is off again. The chain is not sitting quite right. It maked a noise even after he put it back on. The little rubber things on the bracket that the auger motor is mounted on, two of them look squished. He mentioned something about a new bracket design. Does anybody know anything about it? I'm once again without heat from one of my Harman Accentras. I purchased it in 2005, I think it was. Any help anyone could give would be much appreciated. I'm thinking about switching to something more reliable. Pellet stoves are great when they're working, but when they're not, it really is frustrating. Thanks in advance.

Moe

Status
Not open for further replies.