Another CL ad,person dont like keeping any 'extra' wood around

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thistle

Minister of Fire
Dec 16, 2010
Central IA
It's possible that he is not planning on burning wood next year . . . or may even just burn wood occasionally in a firepit. Just possibilities . . . or he may hope someone calls him and offers him some cash . . . just some possibilities . . . or of course he might truly just want to give away some free wood since his wife has been nagging him about how messy the side lawn looks with that huge pile of wood on it. ;)

That is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The only way I give wood away is if it someone who has a legitimate need or is unable to get their own for some reason.

I gave away 3-4 cords of wood the first year I lived in my house (2008). I didn't have a place ot put it and I didn't know I would get a stove for sure. Cut it to 16" lengths and even hauled a good portion of it to my friends place, 100miles round trip. I was more concerned with cutting all the trees off the prop and getting the dozer in to level everything out and put in some topsoil.

certified106 said:
That is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The only way I give wood away is if it someone who has a legitimate need or is unable to get their own for some reason.

Agreed. And I do the same for those who need it.I agree with Jake,I think the guy's wife just didnt want it 'cluttering' up her yard all summer.... ;-)

He's not getting lucky until he cleans up that eyesore in the back yard.
Pleases help a guy out.

Kinda looks more like the stuff he really didn't want to bother carrying in.
Sticks too long, short unsplit stubs ...

I'm thinkin too lazy to restack it.Has to stack the new wood i know but best i can come up with.

billb3 said:
Pleases help a guy out.

Kinda looks more like the stuff he really didn't want to bother carrying in.
Sticks too long, short unsplit stubs ...

Haha ...that would never happen ;-)

billb3 said:
Pleases help a guy out.

He apparantly hadnt thought to chuck the wood over the fence into the neighbor's yard.But if the neighbor's getting lucky with the wife instead,that wont help his problem.

He probably lives in one o' dem dare neighborhoods where they have special rules about which direction you mow you lawn in, and only allow you to hang laundry out on rainy days when nobody will be outside anyway (guess some people are offended at seeing skivvies hangin' on the line).

Status
Not open for further replies.