ANother CL listing ....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawneyboy

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2010
NE PA
Do you really think someone will buy this ??? At least I don't need insurance....

http://poconos.craigslist.org/mat/2053361940.html

Trees down....you cut to your size and haul away. Oak for the winter fireplace. $100 per standard pickup bed. Call 646-327-1075

People are on crack when it comes to where the value in firewood is. Call them and tell them where you'd like your $100 load of processed firewood delivered.

There are plenty of people who don't buy or sell wood, but find themselves in posession of some trees, figure there is some value, and guess at a price without realizing the huge difference between trees laying in a pile and cut, split, and seasoned firewood. I think the wood probably is worth about $100 per full sized pickup load if it is already cut, split, seasoned, and delivered. Any potential buyer will either know the difference, or figure it out fast when they cut/split, and stack their first load, then try to burn wet oak.

If your limited knowledge is calling a landscaper who wants to charge you $500.00 to remove the downed trees and you walk by the little bundles of wood in the grocery store 4 splits for $4.99, then $100.00 for a pick=up full looks like a bargain.

my buddy the tree guy, wants nothing to do with firewood. says he cant make money selling firewood. (mostly because he always has other work that keeps him busy) one day walking by the hardware store, he points to the $4.99 bundles of wood and says, "now thats how you make money selling firewood."

Status
Not open for further replies.