Another CL score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

precaud

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny New Mexico
www.linearz.com
No, I didn't need it, but at $175 it was too good a deal to pass up A nice Dolmar PS420 in excellent condition. Bought from an tall, older gent (older than me, not quite as tall...) who bought it March of last year, used it that spring, his back got worse, doc told him to stop lifting heavy stuff, wife told him to sell his woodcutting gear. Sprocket shows very little wear, it's super-clean inside and out, came with manual and accessories, even their warranty card. Helluva deal.

The 18" bar looks weird and makes the saw feel front-heavy, so I'll put a 14" or 16" on it soon.

Attachments

• 420a.jpg
    420a.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 254
  • 420b.jpg
    420b.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 267
18 inchs is nose heavy....Nice saw btw!

Nice score. I bought my 420 off CL this winter. A heck of a saw. Mine came with a 16" bar. I like a longer bar so I put an 18 on mine with no problems. Whatever your preference is. The bar is the same one used on the Poulan Pro, and a bunch of craftsmen saws so you can pick one of those up very cheap (as long as you can do without the dolmar on the bar). The chain is also very common so no problem picking up an extra or two. I'm itching for a 510 now but with just cutting firewood for myself the 420 is all I need. Plus I like the fact it uses the same bar and chain as my backup Poulan.

Hey tim, glad you like your 420. Are you interested in this 18" bar and chain (a Carlton N1, looks barely used) ? I really don't think I'll be using it. I have an 18" bar on my 5100 but it doesn't fit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.