Another cold night..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisnow86

Minister of Fire
Hey guys anyone else out there chewing threw some pellets tonight? I am.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 171
Be hard pressed to call it cold here, gonna be 40ish over night but enough chill to want it off. So ya burning tonight, with a smile. The cold will be here soon enough, not wishing for it to be any time soon though.

My wife says it's cold if the temp in the house dips below 70. So the stove is on ;). Not that I mind. our only other heat source is electric baseboards, and at $0.17 a kWh they aren't coming on. No way.

Ya my wife is the same way.. I say she's part reptile and needs a heat lamp. Lol it's windy here and my house is drafty so I'll be running it on low to keep the chill off tonight

Ya my wife is the same way.. I say she's part reptile and needs a heat lamp. Lol it's windy here and my house is drafty so I'll be running it on low to keep the chill off tonight
My wife is the other way around, the stove goes on she runs upstairs to put shorts on. But she likes it on ! So if you ever figure them out let me know your findings, I've been married for to this one almost 41 years and she still says things that make absolutely no sense at all !

Hey guys anyone else out there chewing threw some pellets tonight? I am.
I had my stove on in the morning to warm up and will be turning it back on before bed going into the mid 30's overnight.

I neither turn it on or off. I let thermostat decide when to do it.

Reactions: Big papa
I was thinking about putting in. Thermostat set up.. Even with out it its still easier than the old wood stove

When my wife moved in a few years back I think my firewood consumption went up 100% haha

Reactions: newbieinCT
I neither turn it on or off. I let thermostat decide when to do it.
Mee too. but temps were warmer during the day in and out of the house didn't want it running when it wasn't needed

Yep same here that's Pa weather for ya

Temps are falling for good it seems here in MN. May not see much of even 50s next week. Neighbor dumped about 10 bushels of corn across the road that I used to prime the Bixby for free.

chilly and windy here in nepa, stoves running till it runs out. funny going to be 70+ tuesday by fri. we will have snow and sat nite lows in the 20s
Yup, in the 40's with wind and no sun, the stove's been burning all day on Ultra Low. Temp's are dropping, so we'll either turn it up or feed it something with more calories than the Green Supremes.

Mowed the lawn in a T shirt, then got cool enough for a sweatshirt when the sun went down. Stove even came on for a few minutes, but just sips a few pellets and shuts off before too long. PERFECT weather!

Only burnt 1.5 bags so far... It is below freezing outside but the house remains at 20C?? I'm not complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.