Another Craigslist jem!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-fan-atic

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/for/2081604365.html

This is Long Island.... $210 for 3 month split half cord!! Here is the ad:

HALF cord Firewood, wood ready to burn--COME AND GET IT, STACK UP FOR WINTER!

privately cut/split--mostly are oak but few are maple, birch, etc. I get many question regarding if Seasoned wood or not ?: expert says one year, some other says 6 months, professional says 3 months, etc. however I can tell you this, these wood(tree were mostly all) cut down around June 2010 and split Late August 2010. according to my time splitting wood, I have discarded smaller pieces into my nearby campfire stove and they burn well! I did this because Sanitation do NOT take garbage larger than 50 pounds,, go figure where do I get rid of these wood chips / small wood pieces? my last resort is burn them!!!!

Length of wood: average length is 12"-16" but no longer than 18"

$175 for 1/2 cord

$325 for 1 cord

delivery is available for a FEE (not spelled 'fRee') up to 25 miles $45 (Fee Varies depending on location and tolls) immediate or next day delivery may be available!
NYC delivery is available for a fee up to 50 miles $65 (Fee Varies depending on location and tolls) immediate or next day delivery may be available! (Maximum sale is 1/2 cord per trip, cannot use trailer to NYC-Manhattan)
any other location, please call for delivery quote, I can make arrangement to deliver as far you like as long I'm decently paid for my time, tolls and gas.

this stack is TIGHTLY measured 6 feet high(please see rake on right side or height of fence for clarity) and 8 feet wide (measured 48 square feet)-- 1 row! estimate: little more than a FAIR 1/2 cord!!!!!!! the length of each wood is average 15" long

a cord measures UN-TIGHT(loose)/QUICKLY STACKED 4 feet high, 8 feet wide and 4 feet deep (or in most cases: 2 rows, some argrumental case declared as 3 rows if wood is exactly 16" length or less) 96 square feet(single row measurement) In cubic feet is 128 cu.ft.

I have 3 cords left....... IT WILL NOT LAST- SO GET YOUR FAST----ALSO SELLING LOCALLY, GRUBAH HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO CANCEL THIS AUCTION AT ANY TIME.

For small time campfire use---- also selling smaller quantites, $5.00 a bundle(1 square feet or roughly 10-pieces) ...any question please call 516-582-9315 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 516-582-9315 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or email

I'm located Exit 10 of Route 135(Seaford-Syosset Expressway.. formally known as Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway) and off of Old Country Road

General rules:
#1: VERY IMPORTANT FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO PAY BY CHECK BY MAIL! IF ANY ATTEMPT OF DOING SO.. WILL BE FORWARDED TO LOCAL FEDERAL AGENCY INCLUDING ALL IP ADDRESS AND ALL KNOWN EMAIL ADDRESS.

#2: DO NOT WASTE MY TIME BY SENDING EMAIL REGARDING QUESTION LIKE "IT IS STILL FOR SALE?" "IT IS AVAILABLE?"--> IF YOU CAN READ THIS -THEN YOU ARE SMART ENUFF TO PICK UP A PHONE AND CALL FOR MORE DETAILS OR QUANTITIES. this transaction is for serious inquires ONLY.......
thank you for your cooperation

GRUBAH

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 2081604365-0

PostingID: 2081604365

* Copyright © 2010 craigslist, inc.
* terms of use
* privacy policy
* feedback forum

Another reason why people are leaving LI. Believe it or not there is quality life else where.

Some days, on my way to work.....I think my head might explode. :sick: I am NOT a happy Long Islander.

what a douchebag

It happens in Michigan also!

trailer loads of firewood for sale - $60 (holland)
Date: 2010-12-03, 6:09PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have firewood Im selling by the trailer load, my trailer is 4 feet wide 8 feet long and 4 foot tall
I can fit almost a full cord of wood on at a time, we already sold two loads but dont worry we have more.
Im just trying to make extra money while helping people get wood with out having to pay the high prices
I know a lot of people out there burn wood and are on hard times right now and thats why Im selling the wood at $60.00
deleivered with in 15 miles of holland and $75.00 for more then 15 miles away

The wood is dry, some is hard wood and some is soft wood, it is good wood, I know its dry cause im burning
it and heating the hole house with it

IF you want to know more call 616-813-4854 ask Mark or 616-283-7281 ask for Aaron

Gary_602z said:
It happens in Michigan also!

trailer loads of firewood for sale - $60 (holland)
Date: 2010-12-03, 6:09PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have firewood Im selling by the trailer load, my trailer is 4 feet wide 8 feet long and 4 foot tall
I can fit almost a full cord of wood on at a time, we already sold two loads but dont worry we have more.
Im just trying to make extra money while helping people get wood with out having to pay the high prices
I know a lot of people out there burn wood and are on hard times right now and thats why Im selling the wood at $60.00
deleivered with in 15 miles of holland and $75.00 for more then 15 miles away

The wood is dry, some is hard wood and some is soft wood, it is good wood, I know its dry cause im burning
it and heating the hole house with it

IF you want to know more call 616-813-4854 ask Mark or 616-283-7281 ask for Aaron

That doesn't seem like a bad deal, even if it is mostly softwood. I wouldn't want to process and deliver a cord of anything for $60.

It doesn't seem like a bad deal until one realizes that in MI almost everyone thinks a rick is a cord of wood. It is not!

This is thee main part I was looking at!

"The wood is dry, some is hard wood and some is soft wood, it is good wood, I know its dry cause im burning
it and heating the hole house with it"

Gary

Backwoods Savage said:
It doesn't seem like a bad deal until one realizes that in MI almost everyone thinks a rick is a cord of wood. It is not!

Don't touch Rick's cord! %-P

And don't yank it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.