Another Custom Tool

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sixman

Feeling the Heat
Apr 12, 2010
Central Texas
We all have them and I have been meaning to take a picture of this one to share with the forum. It came with my tool kit and was born as a coal or ash rake. I took the rake end off, shortened the rod, reattached head, drilled five holes in it and welded in some teeth from some old baler pickup attachment teeth. Works really well for sifting usable hot coals out of the ash so that you can empty the ashes when burning 24/7.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 221
sixman said:
We all have them and I have been meaning to take a picture of this one to share with the forum. It came with my tool kit and was born as a coal or ash rake. I took the rake end off, shortened the rod, reattached head, drilled five holes in it and welded in some teeth from some old baler pickup attachment teeth. Works really well for sifting usable hot coals out of the ash so that you can empty the ashes when burning 24/7.

Nice job looks like a very functional coal/ash hoe..

Ray

raybonz said:
Nice job looks like a very functional coal/ash hoe/rake..

Ray
There, I fixed it for you. %-P

No wonder these tools have such an identity crisis. Is it a hoe or is it a rake?
Oh, wait... it was a hoe with really nubby teeth, kinda like a rake. Now it's been given some real teeth.

Now that we got that out of the way, do you rake ashes or do you rake coals? When the leaves fall from the trees, do you rake leaves or do you rake grass? Is it a grass rake or is it a leaf rake you use?

No need to get into personal insults about yo mamma.

LLigetfa said:
raybonz said:
Nice job looks like a very functional coal/ash hoe/rake..

Ray
There, I fixed it for you. %-P

No wonder these tools have such an identity crisis. Is it a hoe or is it a rake?
Oh, wait... it was a hoe with really nubby teeth, kinda like a rake. Now it's been given some real teeth.

Now that we got that out of the way, do you rake ashes or do you rake coals? When the leaves fall from the trees, do you rake leaves or do you rake grass? Is it a grass rake or is it a leaf rake you use?

No need to get into personal insults about yo mamma.

Talk about anything except whether an oak is red,white, black or any color in between.. One more oak color debate and I swear I am gonna puke lol...

FYI no need to be an ash hoe :eek:hh:

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.