another delivery today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Called our local logger and he is delivering me a tractor trailer load of log lengths today! woohooo. Dont think i will be cutting them up for a while but its nice to get a jump on the year after next! each delivery gets me between 6- 8 cords. I already have a trailer split and sitting in a monster pile waiting to be stacked this spring after I burn all my current wood. and hopefully after I get our new wood shed built! I feel so much better about getting a wood delivery than a heating oil delivery LOL!

I hear ya! I arranged my load of logs yesterday - the first of two this year. I am trying to get a couple of years ahead now, after having uncertain supply for the past two years. I managed to find a great guy with lots of hard maple and oak - finally no more birch!

On a side note, I am in need of a splitter - any suggestions?

shoebox, if you don't mind me asking, what do you guys in NY pay for a cord of hardwood, delivered?

I can get all red oak here , delivered, for about $100-$110/cord.

Pat

dunno I honestly do not waste my time buysing single split cords etc . when I can save money and get a little workout buying the log lengths cut them and split them myself. but I am sure its more than you are paying to buy a cord of cut split red oak especially if it is seasoned this time of year.

shoeboxlen said:
550 for a load of log lengths here that gets between 6-8 cord

Just a fyi I bought a load of ash that is est. at 8 full cord for $800

I live in lower michigan

Rob

Medman said:
I hear ya! I arranged my load of logs yesterday - the first of two this year. I am trying to get a couple of years ahead now, after having uncertain supply for the past two years. I managed to find a great guy with lots of hard maple and oak - finally no more birch!

On a side note, I am in need of a splitter - any suggestions?

Tons of splitter discussions in the Gear Forum...

Gooserider

Just ordered my logs last week will be delivered mid to end of Feb. A tractor trailer load of Hickory,Cherry and Hard Maple.On the average of 11 to 13 cord $800 a load. Getting 2 loads to start the drying cycle. It will be a lot of work but it will keep me in shape.

Deere10 said:
Just ordered my logs last week will be delivered mid to end of Feb. A tractor trailer load of Hickory,Cherry and Hard Maple.On the average of 11 to 13 cord $800 a load. Getting 2 loads to start the drying cycle. It will be a lot of work but it will keep me in shape.

About 70-75 / cord, same price I have been quoted for a triax load.

Pls post pics when it arrives and a contact # if ya can.

Status
Not open for further replies.