Another evil pellet stove - fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dog grooming shop and LOTS!! of dog hair. I wonder if the hair build up in dist fan had anything to do w/ it. Anybody that services stoves know if the homeowner has a cat or dog when the pull the dist. fan...

a good cleaning would have helped that stove, cannot stress that enough! thankfully no one was hurt
Wait...you have to clean these things? I thought they were like oil furnaces where you clean them every 10 years. Next you're going to tell me I have to check the lint trap on my dryer EVERY time I do a load. You guys are ridiculous...;lol

Dog grooming shop and LOTS!! of dog hair. I wonder if the hair build up in dist fan had anything to do w/ it. Anybody that services stoves know if the homeowner has a cat or dog when the pull the dist. fan...

Really? I have a 65 lb dog that loves to shed and there is hair everywhere in the house, but I've never noticed any hair on my room air blower screen when I clean it. Interesting. Must depend on the stove/install.

It might be the type of animal hair, too. I had a setter that shed loads of hair, and it was light and fine, and went everywhere. If I had had a pellet stove back then, I have no doubt that hair would have gotten in there.

hmmmm. wonder what kind of stove and if it was ever professionally maintained?

I just worked on an Englander 25-EP that was 3 years old and never professionally maintained. The back and sides panels of the stove were never taken off. So after 3 years the stove would not start and it showed Error 2 on the control panel. That is what most pellet stoves will do!

Therefore I wonder if it was not installed correctly or if combustibles were next to it or hot ash or embers were dumped on something!

Status
Not open for further replies.