Another FANTASTIC Ebay Deal: Quick, Look, Look Look!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this guy was a first-rate pr!ck. "I will report any transaction interruptions to Ebay, Buyer's ISP and Law Enforcement". Now I know he is.

Ladderlieu said:
"Furthermore, any buyer that can get this cheaper at a dealer in your area, do same and don't email me as I will report any transaction interruptions to Ebay, Buyer's ISP and Law Enforcement."

Bwahahahahaaaaaaaaaa.... Go ahead! I DARE YOU!!!

"transaction interruptions" ? Does he think anybody cares? He's going to call the cops because somebody backed out of a deal?

Yeah, Don't even Put the auction on your "Watch List" cause you're wasting their time!!! Now that's funny right there!!!

"Please do not email me about any of the following, since I as the Seller will not respond to it: Price too high (excessive), Can get it cheaper at a dealer in your area - if you can please just do that and don't waste my time to tell me that, and do not send me unwelcome emails about this item for any reason. If you are not a serious bidder (purchaser) for this item just don't email me, if you are serious buyer and are willing to remit the price that is listed then email me and we can proceed to close this sale quickly."

He won't reply to me. I even offered him $1500. Geesh! How rude!!!

Just for curiosity sake, would you be bound by a contract through Ebay if you offered him $8000 and then never paid? And NO! I'm not planning on doing that!

Ladderlieu said:

Just for curiosity sake, would you be bound by a contract through Ebay if you offered him $8000 and then never paid? And NO! I'm not planning on doing that!

IANAL but this is how it was explained to me many years ago.

If the item is up for auction you would be in serious trouble if you placed a bid and then refused to close the sale.

In most states not completing the auction if you win the bid is grounds for being hauled into court and having your wallet contents removed.

In this case your only out would be if the item was materially misrepresented by party auctioning the item.

this guy is never going to sell this thing. he is openly admitting you can find it cheaper else where...nimrod!

It's not a he...it's a she!

SmokeyTheBear said:
Ladderlieu said:

If the item is up for auction you would be in serious trouble if you placed a bid and then refused to close the sale.

In most states not completing the auction if you win the bid is grounds for being hauled into court and having your wallet contents removed.

In this case your only out would be if the item was materially misrepresented by party auctioning the item.

Yeah, I kinda figured there would be some way of holding the bidder responsible. Guess I'll have to up my bid to $1750 and see if I get it...

The saga continues! Having had an ebay classified ad up for a whole 24 hours, wonder woman is back on track with another auction!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harman-Accentra...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c10ea67a1

This time, we have a minimum bid of $5900.00, and a buy it now of $6500.00. I guess this person never head the definition of insanity, that being, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Here is their charming, friendly greeting to potential buyers. Enjoy!

"NOTE: Do not contact me if you are not willing to pay the minimum $5,900.00 price as it includes all the items as listed below. Furthermore, I will only sell this item to the high bidder and there is only one of these available. If you are planning to contact me about the price DO NOT BOTHER AS I WILL REPORT THE EMAIL TO EBAY FOR TRANSACTION INTERRUPTION AND TRANSACTION INTERFEARANCE! ALSO, IF YOU ARE NOT IN OR NEAR MACUNGIE, PENNSYLVANIA 18062 PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER TO CONTACT ME AS THIS ITEM IS "PICKUP ONLY" OR THE SELLER MAY BE ABLE TO ARRANGE FOR DELIVERY WITHIN A FIFTY TO ONE HUNDRED MILE RADIUS ONLY AND THERE WILL BE AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE FOR THESE ITEMS TO BE DELIVERED TO A BUYER! ANY INTERESTED BUYER WHO IS FURTHER AWAY THAN FIFTY TO ONE HUNDRED MILES MAY CONTACT THE SELLER TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO PICK UP THE ITEMS OR THEY CAN BE SHIPPED FROM A PROFESSIONAL PACKING AND SHIPPING COMPANY AND THOSE CHARGES WILL BE CHARGED TO THE BUYER AND THEY WILL BE EXPENSIVE AS THESE ITEMS WILL BE CRATED AND BOXED TO SHIP TO A BUYER! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ANY BUYER WHO WANTS TO PICK UP THIS ITEM IN THE SELLER'S GARAGE IN MACUNGIE, PA 18062 MUST BE AWARE THAT THESE ITEMS ARE HEAVY AND THEY NEED TO BRING NECESSARY TOOLS, GLOVES AND HAND CARTS TO REMOVE ALL ITEMS FROM THE PROPERTY SAFELY! (Note: The main portion of this item weighs over 450 pounds!)

This auction is for a "Harman Accentra Pellet Stove Insert" that is black in color also included in this auction is a Liner w/Connector, Chimney Cap, Wood Stove Pellets - 9 bags, a flame retardent hearth rug. This item was purchased NEW in December 2009 and used once only and does not work for me. (Note: The brick background and wood mantle are not included in this auction so do not inquire about those.) "

richg said:
"NOTE: Do not contact me if you are not willing to pay the minimum $5,900.00 price

So is she saying that if I have a general question on this item that I can not contact her unless I am willing to purchase it?

Even if the price was in a "normal" range that statement would make a lot of people shy away from this auction.

"Harman Accentra Pellet Stove Insert" - Black

I was wondering what color this Black Stove is?

But, Heck, I can't even ask her.....

SmokeyTheBear said:
Ladderlieu said:

YEs and no, if you won the auction there are ways to get out of actually buying it. In most cases you could just contact the seller and let he/she know that for whatever reason you cannot complete the transaction. Most sellers will just say "Oh well" and either offer it to the next highest bidder or relist the item. Yes your bid is legally binding and you "should" pay, but frankly in most cases it's not worth pursuing whatever Legal route there may be.

In this case, if you bid or offered cash and then didn't pay-my guess is that this seller would try to haul you wherever and get their money-just seems like an a-hole from the responses to email questions and the way the listing is worded.

FWIW, I sell alot on ebay and buy alot on ebay and in most cases people bid then pay-simple as that. Sometimes somebody can't/won't pay and in 99% of cases they contact me immediately, we end the transaction and move on. Ebay is a great tool for getting rid of old junk or getting some $$ back from what you have bought. This guys seems to want his/her money back, plus some.

richg said:
....This auction is for a "Harman Accentra Pellet Stove Insert" that is black in color also included in this auction is a Liner w/Connector, Chimney Cap, Wood Stove Pellets - 9 bags, a flame retardent hearth rug. This item was purchased NEW in December 2009 and used once only and does not work for me. (Note: The brick background and wood mantle are not included in this auction so do not inquire about those.) "

Sounds like the seller is the one with buyers remorse.

EJW1 said:
Whats amazing is the seller has 100% feedback on 1867 transactions.

Yeah, but most are of low dollar value items...and when there was a problem she really "locked horns" with buyer!!!

As far as 100% feedback...there are many cases of "Mutually Agreed Withdrawals" of Negative Feedback.

Granny can be a bit Cranky at times. :)

Bigjim13 said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
Ladderlieu said:

YEs and no, if you won the auction there are ways to get out of actually buying it. In most cases you could just contact the seller and let he/she know that for whatever reason you cannot complete the transaction. Most sellers will just say "Oh well" and either offer it to the next highest bidder or relist the item. Yes your bid is legally binding and you "should" pay, but frankly in most cases it's not worth pursuing whatever Legal route there may be.

In this case, if you bid or offered cash and then didn't pay-my guess is that this seller would try to haul you wherever and get their money-just seems like an a-hole from the responses to email questions and the way the listing is worded.

FWIW, I sell alot on ebay and buy alot on ebay and in most cases people bid then pay-simple as that. Sometimes somebody can't/won't pay and in 99% of cases they contact me immediately, we end the transaction and move on. Ebay is a great tool for getting rid of old junk or getting some $$ back from what you have bought. This guys seems to want his/her money back, plus some.

Oh, in this case I can see things being pursued if a bidder wins and walks.

Just a word of advice do not treat eBay transactions lightly.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Bigjim13 said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
Ladderlieu said:

100% agree, in this case I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't hounded daily if not hourly if you won and tried to walk. It would not surprise me at all. Like I said, bids ARE legally binding so in theory somebody could come after you.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Bigjim13 said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
Ladderlieu said:

100% agree, in this case I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't hounded daily if not hourly if you won and tried to walk. It would not surprise me at all. Like I said, bids ARE legally binding so in theory somebody could come after you. This auction just seems like a good example of what to stay away from on ebay, price to high, seller not all that cooperative etc, etc. I would read this ad and keep on looking.

Master of Smoke said:
EJW1 said:
Whats amazing is the seller has 100% feedback on 1867 transactions.

Yeah, but most are of low dollar value items...and when there was a problem she really "locked horns" with buyer!!!

As far as 100% feedback...there are many cases of "Mutually Agreed Withdrawals" of Negative Feedback.

Granny can be a bit Cranky at times. :)

Along those lines I thought there was a way to hide/delete your negative feedback. Wouldn't be suprised if this is what has happened with this person or organization.

smwilliamson said:
From description: (Note: The brick background and wood mantle are not included in this auction so do not inquire about those.)

I just had to inquire about the mantel and brick hearth. Thats some fine looking mahogany.

Oh... NOW you've done it!!! You can probably expect SWAT, FBI, Homeland Security, State Police, Local Police, Sheriffs Dept., CIA, and the Marines to come knocking at your door.

Gang,

There's been a major update on this item that will surely bring a stampede of buyers: the seller included dimensions! Yes, the road is paved for anyone to purchase an overpriced, used pellet insert. Here is the info we''ve all been waiting for!

"The following are the dimensions of this item and the fireplace opening that this item will fit into:

Hearth - 17" - Lintle - 4" - Height Of Opening - 26 3/4" - Width - Front - 34 1/2" - Back 26"

Height Of Flue - 17" approximately - Depth of Flue Opening To Back - 18"

Level Hearth To Fireplace Opening"

I cannot believe she still hasn't sold this. Her description of the item is so informative and buyer friendly that it just puzzles me. Has someone sent her this link to the forum? Maybe it's time she sees the entertainment value in all this!

Status
Not open for further replies.