Another fire in June!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildo

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2011
jackmanistan, maine
Reactions: Jack768
Good grief. We have had the A/C running for weeks.

When I got home NWS said a low of 46 which was acceptable. At 830 it said 36 which isn't. My wife cocked an eyebrow when I said "come with me we're gonna start a fire downstairs":) I thought she was gonna ask if it was gonna snow.

Yep, just under 40 when I got up this a.m., and 68 in the house.
Tried a little kindling fire about 9:30 last night, but it wasn't cooperating, so I waited until the outside temp dropped to under 50, then got it going.
Added 2 medium splits with a small one on top and went to bed.
I hope the garden is ok.>>

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Low 40's here.

Weatherman is calling for A chance of patchy frost! Won't get that here; on the side of a hill. Will have my windows open all night! Wife will be under 4 blankets while I have a ceiling fan and a table fan blowing. That global warming is so unpredictable.

Warming? Where?

Warming? Where?
Alaska, 85f yesterday! At least we are not having rain every day but two in June like we had a few years back. My garden was all but a total washout that year.

I burned last night. Probably a record for us, first day of summer. 67 in the house and cooling at 5. 76 at bedtime.

Sorry, my AC is on, 90 here today and humid as heck! It will be this way now for the next few days at least...a "heat wave" as they say, more than 3 days in a row 90 or over. My sweep is coming out for my annual inspection and cleaning on tuesday, we havent had her lit for over a month. Summer will come eventually for the rest of you....I hope ;)

Low of 36? Daaammmmitttt. Where I live its probably gonna freeze. Planted my garden yesterday because I thought the coast was clear. 44 right now and it has dropped 4 degs. in the last hour @ 4 ft above the ground. The stove is goin!!!!!. Whoevers idea of a "weak" cold front this is should be shot or at least waterboarded. http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...6667&site=GYX&map.x=204&map.y=36#.UcEZIyPD9Ms

Wow, Your a good 5 hour drive just north of us. :)

78 Deg here right now. Almost 90 Deg today. I wish it was cooler and less humid here today!

Status
Not open for further replies.