Another fire near me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
Yeah, some are certified for use in mobile homes, but I believe one common thread is that all of them that ARE certified require an OAK.

I almost hate to say it, but in my area I would suspect that there are more than a few folks living in mobile homes that are running woodstoves that are not approved for use in mobile homes . . . woodstoves that may not be sized correctly, woodstoves that may not have the proper clearances or floor protection and I would wager my paycheck that many, if not the vast majority of these, do not have OAKs or are bolted to the trailer. Instead, I would guess that many of these woodstoves were bought on the cheap or were hand-me-downs . . . that's not to say every single trailer install is unsafe, but having been around for awhile and knowing many of the poorer folks living in these homes I would guess many are not 100% up to code.

Status
Not open for further replies.