Another flue temp question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldspark

Most of you know my trials and tributations with this new stove but a quick question.
After an hour or so of a reload of 3 small splits of ash and two smaller splitts of oak my stove top is 530 or so and stack is still about 400, is that what some of you see, the primary air is as far as I can turn it down, does it take a while for your stack temp to come down?

That doesn't sound too bad to me. Is this the temp when you turn it down or do you once you turn it down it will cruise right at these temps for a few hours?

pen

pen said:
That doesn't sound too bad to me. Is this the temp when you turn it down or do you once you turn it down it will cruise right at these temps for a few hours?

pen
The flue was at 550 when I started to back it down, after your suggestion I started burning the stove different and so far as worked well, it is slowly coming down and the stove is cruzing better than ever.

oldspark said:
pen said:

pen
The flue was at 550 when I started to back it down, after your suggestion I started burning the stove different and so far as worked well, it is slowly coming down and the stove is cruzing better than ever.

:coolsmile: I love it when a plan comes together.

Congrats.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.