Another free score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hardypalmguy

Oct 21, 2012
Saukville, WI
Picked this up from a guy on Craigslist Friday. So much better than paying for wood!

IMG_20121026_170021_zps43b56655.jpg

Nice score, what type of wood is it?
zap

Craigslist is a great avenue for getting something you need and helping someone get rid of it. Be well

Nice score "hardy"
Free BTUs are always good ;)
Looks like a few challenging round there to split,
can always noodle them though.

Welcome to the forum hardypalmguy. Looks like you will fit right in here.

Can you give us a hint on your location? How about also putting your stove and equipment list in your signature line?

Ok, I put my location in and set up a signature, lol. I think the wood is mostly ash. I saw a lot of remnants of the "ash borer" inside. Tunnels, etc. All that wood is already split and stacked. I use a 14 inch electric chainsaw to cut into manageable sections and split with a 8 lb splitting maul! Not enough funds yet for a log splitter or to buy wood. Have to keep scrounging.

Nice score hardypalmguy! Best price ever. And whatever works for ya for processing it. Over time your tools will gradually increase. It never fails. ;lol Woodburning. Best hobby ever. For many, many reasons. Staying warm being a pretty important one. ;lol

And i think you will eventually get one for the house, you will save way more money heating you house than any amount of food you can grow in that greenhouse. That is unless your business is made from that greenhouse!

free wood is the best kind of wood

Nice score hardypalmguy! Best price ever. And whatever works for ya for processing it. Over time your tools will gradually increase. It never fails. ;lol Woodburning. Best hobby ever. For many, many reasons. Staying warm being a pretty important one. ;lol
Hardest part of this post was to type "Hardypalmguy" :)

Reactions: Gasifier
Status
Not open for further replies.