Another frost predicted for tonight.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Will this ever end? Actually that March weather predicted this...

That really stinks.....it has been cool here lately but not that cold.

39-41 tonight in this area.

zap

They said 36° for the low tonight here...... Looks like it will be bumped up to 40° (give or take).

It was a very Mild Winter. But it has been a loooong dragging mild winter.

Arg..... Wont be long now (been sayin that for over a month now ;) )

going down to 33 here tonight with a strong NW wind. cranked the 30 up after supper nice and comfortable in here now.

Only forecasted to 41 here tonight. A lot of people are planting their gardens but I've seen frost as late as Memorial Day weekend here often enough that I wait till then no matter what the weather has been (or the forecast is good enough a week out).

With a low in the upper 30's tomorrow night, I might be tempted to strike just one more match ::-)

pen

Only forecasted to 41 here tonight. A lot of people are planting their gardens but I've seen frost as late as Memorial Day weekend here often enough that I wait till then no matter what the weather has been (or the forecast is good enough a week out).

With a low in the upper 30's tomorrow night, I might be tempted to strike just one more match ::-)

pen

I might be tempted too pen.....yee haw.....
sHa_yay.gif

NWS is calling for frost now.

I am sooooooo lighting the stove up. To hell with the PJ's, kids are sleeping in their dipers tonight. I won't be happy until the cat is panting.

One last one, and we are going down in flames! ::-)

For here; it depends upon the day, one day its 85 next day it hit 30 for a low then the day after that it is in the 90's.

Wonky assed weather this spring. At least we're making up on precipitation as of late (I could not have picked a more opportune time to lay down grass seed)
As long as it hasn't washed away.
We've had some pretty good and long downpours down this way. I think the "drought" is over.

I was out in the rain yesterday getting the last of the tomatoes in. Now it's going down to 43. They'll just have to shiver.
I have to have everything in and established by the end of the month as my June house-sitter isn't very good at watering.

If tomatoes see weather in the low 40's for a couple of nights they sometimes "sulk"- they will droop a bit and decide not to grow for longer than expected. It's a PITA, but it's the major reason I don't plant out early- not the fear of frost

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I said to H with it and planted corn today.

Dang, going down to 32 with a heavy frost tonight. restarted the 30 after supper again. supposed to finally warm up for the weekend. Weird spring as we are way too dry so far.

I started the pellet stove, perfect weather for that.

zap

Reactions: DexterDay
It was 64 in here when I got home at 10 this morning. Beautiful, bright sunny day, but never got over 69, even with the oven going for some tater tots. Ain't happening when I'm home, just lit one.

Since when do you have a pellet stove zap? WTF...I knew none of this...jawdrop.gif

Gamma; before we had the wood lot we had a pellet stove installed in the basement, once we bought the wood lot and prices for pellets kept climbing we went with a wood stove.

zap

Temps are fine here, but it is DRY. My lawn is browning up in places which is unheard of for May. I like not having to mow as often but it is starting to takes its toll on the garden.

It was around 35-36 this morning.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.