Another Ideal Steel ordered!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

motorsargeT

Mar 4, 2014
Rhode Island
Long time lurker first time poster. Just finished ordering my Ideal Steel from Woodstock. I've been mulling it over since March when I first stumbled across the stove online. Of course it won't be here until January so the old Salvo Citation 2 will have to suffice until then.

From what I've heard I think you will be very happy......but the wait will seem longer than it really is:)

Long time lurker first time poster. Just finished ordering my Ideal Steel from Woodstock. I've been mulling it over since March when I first stumbled across the stove online. Of course it won't be here until January so the old Salvo Citation 2 will have to suffice until then.
Congratulations! I have read some great things about that stove posted by the Beta Testers.

Thanks. After the last few winters I realized my old stove just cant keep up especially since we added on another bedroom to the house. It is incredibly inefficient and requires too much work to feed it. With my existing stash of firewood and brand new chimney this stove should be the end of my wood heating saga for a long time I hope.

Reactions: Tenn Dave
Long time lurker first time poster. Just finished ordering my Ideal Steel from Woodstock. I've been mulling it over since March when I first stumbled across the stove online. Of course it won't be here until January so the old Salvo Citation 2 will have to suffice until then
You will love this stove. I am a first time wood burner and the control this stove has is amazing. Shoulder season has been fun. I have been burning dry ash and have had several 24 hr burns. I am excited to let this thing rip once it gets cold.

Congratulations. What is the delivery date estimate?

Sales of that new stove must be out the roof. They got national attention from winning the Wood Stove Decathlon and even world wide attention. I wonder how many stoves they might be shipping to other parts of the world?

When I spoke to them yesterday they said there were between 150 and 175 shipped already with more orders being built daily. I'm very excited to get mine. This is the first stove I've bought new and also my first catalytic stove. Im sure there will be a learning curve with it but it cant be worse than learning to deal with a secondary burn epa hearthstone with poor draft like we have at my Mother's house.

When I spoke to them yesterday they said there were between 150 and 175 shipped already with more orders being built daily. I'm very excited to get mine. This is the first stove I've bought new and also my first catalytic stove. Im sure there will be a learning curve with it but it cant be worse than learning to deal with a secondary burn epa hearthstone with poor draft like we have at my Mother's house.

From what I read this is a very controllable stove which should make it very easy to operate. Not sure how it would be with a poor draft situation as most stoves would suffer from that as these stoves main driving force is the draft of the flue. Thats why an insulated liner is so good to create a better draft from keeping the exhaust warm all the way to the top of the flue.

Thats how we fixed the draft at my Mother's. This is going in my house. When we did the addition for the bedroom I installed 22 feet of double wall insulated stainless steel chimney. Once it starts its a freight train. And this year I have 2 cords of 5 year seasoned black locust to burn along with my usual 2 year oak and maple. Should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.