another integra assistance thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Maschke

Dec 29, 2016
Ohio
First off I'd like to say you guys have a great forum, tons of useful information.

Iv read through several threads trying to diagnose my stove but to no permanent solution. I'm hoping my issue is just the high and low limits.

I have an older style integra that I purchased via Craigslist. I have gone through and completely cleaned everything inside. (Thanks to this forum) but I still have a lazy flame and the pellets even back up their slide.

I am able to take the air sensor out of its hole and it kicks the combustion fan on high and shuts off the fuel supply.

I set up a fan to blow towards the intake, with the sensor out of its hole and the sensor was able to read that air was passing by but not enough so the combustion fan kicks on high and the fuel supply continues.

Sometimes with the sensor in it's hole it will properly work for half hour sometimes longer and then goes back to lazy flame.

Could this be as simple as the limit switches?

Hopefully I properly explained everything

After unplugging the main board, wiggling all the wires going into their connections, and unplugging and replugging the air sensor it seems to be burning as it should now... <>

yep is old enough,probably the connections on the plug ins have slight corrosion,not visible by eye,and just unplugging a few times makes things work.Was common problem on late 80's,early 90's american vehicles.Stay warm!

Since it started burning properly I haven't shut it off in fear it won't start back up right.

That's alright though this morning was -10 with the wind chill

First off I'd like to say you guys have a great forum, tons of useful information.

Iv read through several threads trying to diagnose my stove but to no permanent solution. I'm hoping my issue is just the high and low limits.

I have an older style integra that I purchased via Craigslist. I have gone through and completely cleaned everything inside. (Thanks to this forum) but I still have a lazy flame and the pellets even back up their slide.

I am able to take the air sensor out of its hole and it kicks the combustion fan on high and shuts off the fuel supply.

I set up a fan to blow towards the intake, with the sensor out of its hole and the sensor was able to read that air was passing by but not enough so the combustion fan kicks on high and the fuel supply continues.

Sometimes with the sensor in it's hole it will properly work for half hour sometimes longer and then goes back to lazy flame.

Could this be as simple as the limit switches?

Hopefully I properly explained everything

You have a blockage in the air passages. Take the lower cast wall out and clean around the heat exchanger tubes. Clean the holes behind the tubes with a piece of wire. Remove the combustion fan and clean the ash out of the tube. Clean the same holes from this side. Put it back together and it will work.

If you do remove the combustion fan be sure that you have a new gasket to replace old one, More than likely the old one will come off in pieces.
Always good to have an extra on hand.

Thanks for the pointers, I haven't had any issues with it since wiggling everything around and playing with the connections.