Another lesson learned

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedogz

Minister of Fire
Oct 9, 2011
NE Maryland
I learned a lot from installing my chimney liner with Hogwildz, about what the inside of my chimney looks like, how liners work, etc. etc. And now I can burn safely!

What I also learned is, sometime's it's better to hire stuff done. I'm missing one arm and the other is held together with screws- not the best ingredients for lifting weight over your head. Took my first sick day in 5 years to take Aleve and feel sorry for myself. Ugh.

Sorry that you're not feeling well--hope that it passes soon! Hot baths can work wonders.

Agreed that sometimes hiring something done is worth the $$. I paid someone to come out last Saturday to help work up wood. He had a 25" bar on his chainsaw, and background with a tree service in Oregon. He sliced my woodpile up for $30 a cord, chopped wood for $30 a cord, and for a little more, helped us get it stacked under cover. That was Saturday, and he planned to come back Monday to finish up.

On Saturday night I looked at the forecast ice storm and told my son we'd have to finish it up ourselves in the morning. I woke up to the sound of wood getting chucked. This guy had looked at the forecast too, and realized we needed his help, and came. The three of us worked until afternoon, and had the job wrapped up. My son and I couldn't have finished it ourselves in time to beat the predicted rain (turned out not to be bad). Paid the guy $240, and felt like it was money well spent. He's happy, I'm happy. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.