Another load from the farm. pics. Wood Id.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwhunter85

Feeling the Heat
Aug 21, 2010
Sunfield, MI
Got another load tonight. Sure was a warm one! Not sure what species of Wood this is. IMAG0800.jpg IMAG0801.jpg IMAG0802.jpg

My first guess would be domesticated honey locust broadside on the tailgate, but looking closer and at the rest I'm not so sure. The closeup does look like red oak. What does your nose tell you?

Reactions: ScotO
What's in the truck looks like honey locust....the close ups red oak

I take a guess , is there some honey locust in there ? ;hm;?
The pink or salmon color is one indicator also some of the bark looks like honey to me .

Could it be ?

Looks like Honey Locust & Red Oak to me.Prime stuff,with a slight edge going to HL cause its higher density.

Reactions: ScotO and smokinj
Nice summer time load.
Gonna add sideboards to the truck,? A big load on that truck will make it ride nice :)

Gonna be nice to keep the propane tank in front of the truck full all winter. ;)

Get'r split & stacked for 2014/15 burn season.
out of seasoning time for this winter's wood.

I think I see a small stick of Mulberry on the right as well....

red oak. locust, small amount of mulberry or walnut.

Sure looks like some honey locust in there.....close up pics are red oak.......
A good load of wood for sure!

Nice load! What's the backstory on the window? :)

A nice load there. The Locust and Oak will make some great firewood for you. As others have stated, the close up is hard to miss; red oak all the way.

That there is a truckload of good stuff, BW. Don't let these guys kid you- redoak takes three years C/S/S to really burn righteous. At least, here in Barry County it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.