Another Magnum BabyCountrySide AC Hopper Fire! A bad one! Question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys

Well, I put the new ACE magnum babycountryside control board in today and wow better than new! The stove has the latest upgraded control board, new 2 RPM auger motor and new auger. It also has the upgraded high speed exhaust blower now 105 CFM instead of 85 CFM.

Using a Lux TS1500u with a 2 Deg F swing and the board jumper set on pins 1&2 for wood pellet heat and the slide switch set to the Auto setting.

The heat level was set at 3 and the stove started like a charm after I loaded the auger flight chute with pellets using the auger priming button!

The stove is now super energized. It already had the pellet burn pot and now with higher velocity burn air, the pellets burn to completion and the air wash keeps the glass spotless!

My friend is very happy, the T-Stat located in the hallway zoomed up to 69 Deg F from 64 Deg F within about a half hour!

Attachments

• ReplacementmagnumBCcontrolBoard (1).JPG
    ReplacementmagnumBCcontrolBoard (1).JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 233
  • ReplacementmagnumBCcontrolBoard (2)ya.jpg
    ReplacementmagnumBCcontrolBoard (2)ya.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 198
The the jumper decreases the off time. You cannot make the auger spin faster...its not a synchronous motor.

Yes, it is a 2 RPM motor. Since corn burns hotter, then the off time is increase. The jumper instructions state that for wood pellets only use pins 1&2 for more heat. So pins 1&2 must decrease the off time.

See AES Technical Bulletin # T-0009 Date of Issue 01/12/2006, Update July 2008
http://www.americanenergysystems.com/Stock/LibraryFiles/T-0009TechBPlacementofTri-ModeModuleChip_TMC_.pdf

TSB above States:
The TMC needs to be placed over the 1 & 2 pins for the MagnuM Baby Countryside models (BC-AC & BC-DC, factory default setting for wood pellets) if you are burning wood pellets only and need a little more heat.

TMC = The Tri-Mode Module chip is located on the top left side of the control board (looking at the board from the back.)

When I said spins up the auger, I did mean more on time. :)

Okay I'm confused about the jumper setting for auger feed rate. Seems like conflicting information on the forums verses from AES. Also, are the pins numbered left to right? Also, my Baby doesn't even turn on if I have the slider switch on Auto. It has to be on Manual for the power switch to work. (See suggestions below)

From thee forums:
"Make sure the jumper on the control board is on Pins 1 & 2 for wood pellets for auger timing."

"1&2 for wood pellet heat and the slide switch set to the Auto setting."

"The TMC needs to be placed over the 1 & 2 pins for the MagnuM Baby Countryside models (BC-AC & BC-DC, factory default setting for wood pellets) if you are burning wood pellets only and need a little more heat."

From AES: wood pellet fire pot "Appropriate jumper setting: The number 3 & 4 pin location is the factory default setting. 99% of households will work under this setting. The number 1 & 2 pin location is only used on the Baby should the customer need a little higher feed rate because the fuel is not feeding properly and the unit is not getting enough fuel." http://www.americanenergysystems.com/Stock/LibraryFiles/P-0013TechBWoodPelletFirepot.pdf

Mine is on the two rightmost pins. Thanks!

Okay I'm confused about the jumper setting for auger feed rate. Seems like conflicting information on the forums verses from AES. Also, are the pins numbered left to right? Also, my Baby doesn't even turn on if I have the slider switch on Auto. It has to be on Manual for the power switch to work. (See suggestions below)

From thee forums:
"Make sure the jumper on the control board is on Pins 1 & 2 for wood pellets for auger timing."

"1&2 for wood pellet heat and the slide switch set to the Auto setting."

"The TMC needs to be placed over the 1 & 2 pins for the MagnuM Baby Countryside models (BC-AC & BC-DC, factory default setting for wood pellets) if you are burning wood pellets only and need a little more heat."

From AES: wood pellet fire pot "Appropriate jumper setting: The number 3 & 4 pin location is the factory default setting. 99% of households will work under this setting. The number 1 & 2 pin location is only used on the Baby should the customer need a little higher feed rate because the fuel is not feeding properly and the unit is not getting enough fuel." http://www.americanenergysystems.com/Stock/LibraryFiles/P-0013TechBWoodPelletFirepot.pdf

Mine is on the two rightmost pins. Thanks!

We have found here on the North East that pins 1&2 work better for wood pellets. The Magnum Bulletin refers to most of the country. So we recommend the left most pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.