De Dai stove missing flue collar boot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matchbox

Dec 2, 2008
VA North
Gentleman:

I am requesting any assistance you may give me on fabrication or component type that may help me attach a chimney flue
to the flue opening minus the missing boot pictured below. I will also need to block the second opening to the rear of the stove same configuration.

The stove was purchased on craigs list for a hunting cabin in West Virginia that is far too cold to occupy in winter without the friendly flame. The seller stated it was never used and could possibly be 15y.o. BRAND NAME IS Dee Dai manf in Taiwan - Its has an interesting cast in the sides of two people dancing in a mountain meadow.

Has anyone heard or seen these before? Parts do not look available on-line. Dee-dai is still in business as BBQ manf but no stoves or further info.

SPECS OF BELOW PHOTO:
INTERIOR OPENING IS 4.5" DIA
TABS & CIRCULAR GROOVE IS 5.5" DIA.

Thank you for any assistance you may provide concerning my latest project.

Attachments

• DSC07989.JPG
    DSC07989.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,174
  • DSC07907.JPG
    DSC07907.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 481
  • DSC07989.JPG
    DSC07989.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 398
Your stove seems to be one of the Taiwanese copies of a Jotul stove - in this case the Jotul 602. Jotul stoves use metric measurements so I'd suggest going to a Jotul dealer and checking to see if the Jotul part would fit. It's quite likely it will. Online parts sources are another possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.