another napoleon question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

makoda

Dec 15, 2013
Utah
I know new guy, another stupid question, but hang with me a bit until I am up to speed. So the smoke wanting to come into the house when the door is open from what I could see is more less a bit of a common problem in the search. But maybe I am only seeing what I am looking for so to speak.

So with other napoleon users are there a lot of stoves that don't have the draft problem of smoke coming out when you open the door.

By the way mine is straight piped straight up and out of the house. Probably around 15 ft of pipe or so. It was installed by the stove company when the house was built so I imagine everything is set up correctly. So far things I have learned and checked on the stove have been put in perfectly so I would guess they did a good job installing everything correctly.

Usually this is not an issue. It could be a sign of marginal draft. If this is the case, adding a couple feet more class A pipe to the chimney can make a positive difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.