Another new Newbie.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningMan

Oct 27, 2008
New England
Hello All,
Thanks for this excellent forum.
What a great resource for those of us that like to research before we make an investment.
I'm a former wood-burner from many years ago and I was looking to get back into it.
But after having a closer look at the pellet stoves, I'm leaning more in this direction.
I've been visiting some dealers and I'm kind of falling for the Harman Accentra and the XXV.
The area I need to heat isn't very large so a small unit would do.
I realize I won't be getting any stove until next year, so I have plenty of time to decide on what to buy.

I went to the Harman site and downloaded the owner's manuals for these stoves.
Could someone tell me if the drives for the augers in these are different?
Accentra = direct-drive, while the XXV = chain-drive?
None of the dealers I asked seemed to know for sure.

Thanks

Not only do you want to be sure you have a good stove that YOU LIke
you want a strong dealer that has a service department and would be nice to have their own install crew.

This is extremely important if you plan to go with Harman.
You are at the mercy of your dealer should you need assistance.
Harman will not deal with the consumers directly.

This is just my observation but I don't think you need to worry too much about the augar drive type between the Harmans. The Accentra is direct and the XXV is chain drive as is the Advance model. When I was researching reviews before buying my Harman, I saw no complaints regarding the drive type for either one. Doing a search on this forum will render only a couple mentions of problems. I think that either type are quality setups as that is my expectation with Harman.

Status
Not open for further replies.