ANOTHER NEW PELLET PLANT .....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
coming soon to Maine. Owner says pellets will stay in Maine & will produce 100,000 tons a year. This is great news for stove owners in Maine. He also goes on to say that there is a plentiful supply of wood in just his area alone . Doesn't that bit of honesty seem like a breath of fresh air? Muss

Where? Was there a news story?

"There's not a single pellet made in my plant that will leave the state of Maine," Mueller said.

Seems like a crazy statement to make, I understand his motives but does anybody really believe this?????

100,000 tons for Maine does seem like a lot. Are there a bunch of Co-gen pwer plants around that could scoop up a few thousand tons? They could also build the place to peak at 100,000 tons, but go into production for say 40,000 and increase as demand increases. Certainly has the potential to eliminate any pellets Canada might like to send over the border in Frenchville.

More pellet manufactures are always good news of course, but if the president of the company says "There's not a single pellet made in my plant that will leave the state of Maine," then why is the business called International WoodFuels LLC :question:

I hope the best for them. There is only a couple good uses for a bad pellet.

Eric

One of the partners in this buisness also has a wood pellet boiler buisness , hence the pellets staying here. Maine

Sounds like a sales pitch to me.
If the plant can get $200 a ton selling elsewhere and only 150 a ton selling local, what do you think they would do?

Maybe they should change the statement to "We'd like for all our pellets to be burned as locally as possible"...a nice wish, for sure - but if Mainers don't buy and use them at the right price, I predict they will ship elsewhere!

Hey, in a perfect world I would have loved to sell stoves and been able to say "these stoves are being used every day by the people I sold them to".......or other such dreamy statements. But last time I heard, we live in a big world with many choices.

As long as people buy and use their pellets at market rates....maybe they do intend to try and keep them local. But they would have to be fools......to limit themselves to that if the going gets tough.

I think its a bit more than 40 miles....

cycloptic pendulum said:
new plant will be located 40 mi. from CORINTH plant.

I am sure the owners had to complete a thorough analysis of the industry in terms if current and future demand especially if financing was neeed. Given the credits the stove demand seems high and when oil goes higher that demand will contiue to increase. Even though the new plant doesn't impact where we are if they stay in ME it still is a benefit to NE. With all the new plants demand is remaining steady so I would think this is a good venture to get into. In VT if you buy a stove on the "no sales tax day" in August you would get the credit and pay no sales tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.