Another new Progress report

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beek

Jan 15, 2012
Albany, NY
First, thanks to 3fordasho for the idea (https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/90135/) of a custom cart. I was able to roll this heavy stove all the way from my pickup to the hearth. No lifting = happy back.

When my bypass handle is about 30 degrees from closed, the bypass door is nice and snug against its gaskets. It passes the 'dollar bill test'. But when the handle is closed all the way to horizontal, the door is no longer snug, and does not pass the test. Does this matter?

Given a nice new installation, it would be great to monitor the SS cats performance over time. Can anyone suggest a probe with a digital output so I can feed the data into a pc? Thanks.

Attachments

• stovecart.jpg
    stovecart.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 187
  • Bypass.jpg
    Bypass.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 204
Status
Not open for further replies.