Another one in the books

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Curry

Jul 7, 2014
Western NY
First cord in the new storage area behind the garage. Some ash from my 4th of July haul. First one for year three of the plan. All hand split.

image.jpg

Looks good. I can appreciate the hard work of hand splitting cause I am in the same boat and am no where near three years ahead. You at all worried about letting the wood sit against that T1-11 plywood for 3 years or you plan on moving it again?

I am a bit worried about that. I've been noticing some moisture on the wall from the off gassing. It's not tight to the wall, so ill be able to slip a tarp or something behind it.

I thought it was an ideal spot at first, to keep the weeds and bushes at bay. I still like how it looks though. The hoard is pretty well hidden from view, but still pretty close to the house.

It'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.