Another one of Grandpa's old saws...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
Here's one more of my grandpa's old saws. It's an old McCollough two man saw. Unfortunately over the years the powerhead went missing so im not sure on the year and model. I remember always seeing this saw in my parents basement when i was growin up and wondering the story behind it. It's always neat diggin up somethin that meant so much to him.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_t_QT47bwLks/TB4yQmkrIpI/AAAAAAAAAKE/lXClZPdpw-4/s512/100_2429.JPG

That would be very cool on a shelf in a man cave!

Oh it's shelf bound for sure! Just gotta clean the rust of it and repaint then it's goin on the wall in the shop.

SmokinPiney said:
Oh it's shelf bound for sure! Just gotta clean the rust of it and repaint then it's goin on the wall in the shop.

I would not touch it other than clean it up!!!! Its worth much more the way it is.......

smokinjay said:
SmokinPiney said:

I would not touch it other than clean it up!!!! Its worth much more the way it is.......

+1

It's a beauty just as it is, but to each his own preferences.

SmokinPiney said:
Good point jay, Maybe i'll rethink paintin it...

You could get it running would be fun and make it worth more as well...Be great to show the rest of the family Grand Pa's saw still going strong....Great piece you have there....

SmokinPiney said:
First thing they tell about old stuff, leave it the way it is.

oldspark said:
SmokinPiney said:

True in most cases if you're looking for the value . . . but sometimes the value of an item is more in the way it looks.

Case in point . . . I inherited an old clock from my grandparents . . . I knew that sanding the old weathered, chipped varnish off it and restaining it would affect the value, but for me it was more important to have it look nice as I remembered it from years ago so I can remember my grandparents . . . for me that was the real value.

firefighterjake said:
oldspark said:
SmokinPiney said:

True in most cases if you're looking for the value . . . but sometimes the value of an item is more in the way it looks.

Case in point . . . I inherited an old clock from my grandparents . . . I knew that sanding the old weathered, chipped varnish off it and restaining it would affect the value, but for me it was more important to have it look nice as I remembered it from years ago so I can remember my grandparents . . . for me that was the real value.

Yep, there is a collectors point of view...and a users point of view. Both are correct.

Battenkiller said:
So, does this design help reduce tip-induced kickback? :cheese:

Thats a 2 man saw

Status
Not open for further replies.