Another pellet storage and should I-buy-in-the-spring-for-next-season or wait question/discussion?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

donbryce

Jan 8, 2009
NB Canada
I have a weather tight, uninsulated storage shed attached to my garage, where I have kept about 30 bags bought last fall and expect to have about 20 or more left at the end of this season. If prices are right, I'd like to buy about a ton more over the spring and summer for next year. I'm sure I'll keep the left overs from this season for next year, but should I wait until fall to stock up, or would they store OK over the spring and summer? I've read about humidity being a problem, so I'll probably put a vent in the shed to try and keep that to a minimum. It's largely out of the sun most of the day. And if they can be had again I'll be buying Lignetics.

The shed should work. I have not had any word on prices for next year but be ready for prices slightly lower than now for your summer buy.

Eric

If you want to get the best price buy before June. Most places start
increasing the prices once summer rolls around. I store my pellets
year round in and unheated, uninsulated garage. Often times some
of the stock gets held over 2 seasons. Never had a problem
concerning humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.