Another pellet stove comes to life...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I mentioned on here about a month ago, a friend at work bought a pellet insert just like mine, after hearing me go on and on about them, and yesterday I finally put it in for him... Here is a picture I took from my cell just as we got it burning...

Oh, he can't wait for this cold spell headed our way this week, PLEASE FORGIVE HIM...

Attachments

• Robin's.jpg
    Robin's.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 486
Very nice; you're a good friend. We'll forgive him for looking forward to the cold weather. I wouldn't forgive him if he was happy about any more snow coming,,,

Looks really nice. Is that a masonary or prefab fireplace? I ask because my son has a prefab and is considering an insert. Also, did you run OAK and, if so, how?

Hello Rooster

Very nice! What Make and Model? What kind of pellets did he get for it??

tjnamtiw said:
Looks really nice. Is that a masonary or prefab fireplace? I ask because my son has a prefab and is considering an insert. Also, did you run OAK and, if so, how?

Thanks on the compliments of the install... Yes it is a real one... No, the OAK will have to be installed this summer, just got it burning, I plan on running the OAK up the chimney...

j-takeman said:
Nice job Rooster. Gonna get the buddy to join us?
He is a lurker, hope it doesn't take as long getting him to join, as it did to buy...

Don2222 said:
Hello Rooster

Very nice! What Make and Model? What kind of pellets did he get for it??
It's a brand new Harman Accentra insert... Not sure on the brand of pellets, they are in a clear bag, with no writing... He also has a pellet grill, and he bought his pellets from the seller of his grill...

tjnamtiw said:

I just had an Accentra Insert installed in our pre fab firelpace this past Friday. I'd be happy to give you feedback.

...Pat

Looks good rooster. Love that surrounding mantle. Did you have to work that stone to make it fit? I just installed the same stove(used) over the weekend in a non-masonry(fake field stone) with the zero clearance box. I did have to work the stone to make it work. My wife still won't talk to me due to the mess in the pellet stove room and the other surrounding rooms. WOOPS :cheese: I'll post a new thread with pics shortly. There's nothing wrong with hoping for cold weather as long as you know how to handle it!

Heaterhunter said:
Looks good rooster. Love that surrounding mantle. Did you have to work that stone to make it fit? I just installed the same stove(used) over the weekend in a non-masonry(fake field stone) with the zero clearance box. I did have to work the stone to make it work.

Yes, we had one stone to work on, we got very lucky because it only took a few miutes to fix...

Status
Not open for further replies.