Another Pelpro - Any ideas on improving heat output.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my house is about 1200 sq ft. on the lowest speed auger, 1 and 1/2 room fan speed, house is 65. temp outside averaged night and day about 25. i use bag every 30 hrs ide say..
i think thats good- others???

That is great!

Hello

Picked up Pelpro HHPP2BD - 120 lb Hopper Pelpro pellet stove.

http://heating-and-cooling.hardware...eap-charlie-franklin-pellet-stove-102326.aspx

It has the latest digital control panel that works well with a T-Stat.

The combustion blower is really noisy and I have to swap it out but looks like the standard 3,000 RPM size blower.

The reviews are overall good with the damper adjustment a little too course and the heat output a little low on lower heat settings. It does use 1.5 to 5.5 lbs per hour going thru heat settings 1 - 4.

I called Danson and the tech support guy stated 110 Deg F out of the heat exchanger tubes is normal.

It has a 265 CFM convection fan which is really enormous and much higher than 150 - 165 CFM of other stoves with similar burn rates.

Therefore, as a test I was thinking about adding a rheostat on the room blower to tone it down a bit and do some heat testing.

Any other ideas?

We bought a Pelpro pellet stove just over a year ago, exactly 22 days after warranty ended. We called Home Depot to find a repair service which lead us back to the Pelpro manufacturer in Minnesota.

Our first call to Pelpro we were told there is no one that repairs there machines, it is up to you to figure it out and buy the parts from them. They will give us 5 minutes of their time to help figure it out.

Our second call Pelpro said they would help us over the phone. They asked us to take the machine apart and jump wires to figure out what is wrong. I explained I am not an electrician and do not know how it works.

After going through the testing, THEY decided it was a bad auger motor. The second option was a bad board. We run a kennel so having heat is serious to us, so when I asked if we bought both would they return the part not needed they said No. The parts cost us over $500.00 and were not the problem, we blew the new board as soon as it was plugged in.
We called and explained what happened and they were more than happy to send another board all at my expense.
i am now over $800.00 in cost of parts and a NON working machine.
Home Depot has now helped some, Pelpro has sent us another board in replacement to the blown one.
Great a new board to machine that is blowing new boards, still don't know what is wrong!

Went to Lowe's - told my story and showed them my receipts...
they offered me a competitor stove at year end pricing a month before they go on sale. I payed less for a new stove than i did in parts for the Pelpro that still doesn't work...Thank you Lowe's

Home depot dosnt sell pelpro where im at, menards dose (shrug)

Sounds like you should have bought a stove from a dealer so it could be serviced.
If your not good at fixing things on your own etc, why would you buy a stove from
a box store to begin with?

I bought a pel pro 120 from menards as they offered for 900 online. Couldn't turn it down. It took me forever to install it with the snow on the roof and alot of Budweiser. However it heats well. It does go through alot of pellets but I'm still "learning it" , and I refuse to use my 4.95/gallon fuel oil. It's currently 16f outside and with a electric heater in my bedroom and my stove its at 68 inside. Not bad for a 200yr old two story farm house. Only isuue I've had is pellets sticking to the ledge from the burn pot and the Shute. However thanks to "lake girl" I e adjusted it and problem solved. I think this stove has been a good investment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 155
Status
Not open for further replies.