Another photo of wood id

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwikrp

Feeling the Heat
Oct 21, 2008
SE Mass
Another photo and 1 more after this I am thinking Ash??

Attachments

• dannywood2.bmp
    896.3 KB · Views: 579
mxjamie540 said:
I vote for tulip tree.... aka yellow poplar

I think you may be right, the bark just doesn't quite look like ash to me. We need a picture of the end grain or a fresh split.

dannynelson77 said:
Not Ash. Could be a large Norway Maple.....

+1- I would say norway also.

From what I have read Green Ash bark is less furrowed so maybe you have it backwards?

dannynelson77 said:
From what I have read Green Ash bark is less furrowed so maybe you have it backwards?
Nope I have pictures some where.

Tulips!

That ain't white ash, but does appear that it may be some type of maple. A fresh cut or split would sure help.

What was its habitat, and cause of death? Not furrowey enough to be western popular

Oldspark, you need to copy that whole address as only part of it is highlighted. But the page won't help you a lot.

Backwoods Savage said:
Oldspark, you need to copy that whole address as only part of it is highlighted. But the page won't help you a lot.

It shows the deep furrowed bark of White Ash in Ohio.......the green Ash on the same sight looks to be less furrowed.....

dannynelson77 said:
Backwoods Savage said:

It shows the deep furrowed bark of White Ash in Ohio.......the green Ash on the same sight looks to be less furrowed.....

Its the limbs that tell the story Tulip! lol

Tulip

Attachments

• saw4444444444444444.bmp
    312.7 KB · Views: 176
  • saw buck 101.bmp
    400.2 KB · Views: 159
  • saw bbbbbbbbb.jpg
    saw bbbbbbbbb.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 126
Pretty sure it's yellow poplar. Just got done splitting some of that here...

Status
Not open for further replies.