1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Another Progress Hybrid Install

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Waulie, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waulie

Waulie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nothern Lower Michigan
    I managed to get the Progress installed yesterday. I can vouch for the fact that it is one heavy rock of a stove. It is also absolutely beautiful. Hopefully, I figured out how to post a picture. I will update with some fire pics and performance reports when I get her burning in a couple days. I know there's been a few of these lately, but I think this is the first without an ash pan. I also think it is the first blue cast. Please excuse the adjacent messes and yes, I still need to trim around the hearth. Anyway, here she (hopefully) is!

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Pagey

Pagey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Middle TN
    That looks awesome!
  3. ciccio

ciccio Member

Loc:
    new jersey
    Very nice lots of luck with your new stove..
  4. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Yeah, very nice. I think it looks way better without the ash pan hanging down there.
  5. maxed_out

maxed_out New Member

Loc:
    Central Pa
    i can feel the heat already. nice job.
  6. HollowHill

HollowHill Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central NY
    Waulie, that's beautiful. Well worth the wait! Love the hearth tile and the blue castings. Very nice.
  7. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Wow, absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful hearth, stove place in the home. Wish I was there to feel the heat. Enjoy.
  8. Loco Gringo

Loco Gringo Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western North Carolina
    The lack of the ash pan is fantastic. And your home looks just the way I like mine, nice and homely looking.
  9. Waulie

Waulie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nothern Lower Michigan
    Thanks everyone!

Hey Gringo, I hope you meant "homey" and not "homely". ;-) At least I managed to not get all the dirty dishes and empty beer cans in the shot. :red:
  10. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Congrats Waulie the stove and hearth look great! Not homely at all lol..

Ray
  11. jharkin

jharkin Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Holliston, MA USA
    Nice!!

Finally one of these progress threads has pictures :) :) NOw how bout a shot of those secondaries in action......
  12. Stump_Branch

Stump_Branch Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MD
    Love that central location. My only complaint...no fire?
  13. Waulie

Waulie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nothern Lower Michigan

Well, that's my only complaint so far, too. There was a slight mix up on the firebox bottom so it is shipping today. I'm all ready to fire up as soon as I get that puppy bolted on. And, there will be lots of pics. I've been burning propane for four days now, which I haven't done since I moved here. I'm chilly, and my wife is freezing. It just isn't the same as heat from the stove. Well that, and I refuse to turn it above 66.
  14. Chopernator

Chopernator Member

Loc:
    U.S.A
    LMAO.....Yeah "my wife is freezing..." I wont turn it pass 66F. Im the same way lol.

I keep it at 64F myself but I keep it turned off lol. Nice stove and hopefuly I will have mine soon....

Cant wait to hear from your burns on how long and temps around the house oh and get more pics...

Peace.
  15. bpm44

bpm44 Member

Loc:
    WNY
    That really is a great looking stove! Congrats on the install. Amazing how cold it is without a fire isn't it? I really prefer staying home once it's winter- most of our friends don't burn and I feel like I'm sitting in a refrigerator at their places! Again, nice job!
  16. ciccio

ciccio Member

Loc:
    new jersey
    I agree with you...but I wanted to have a stove with a ash pan for the first time..must say I do like using the ash pan.
  17. ciccio

ciccio Member

Loc:
    new jersey
    jharkin I did post a couple of pictures of the Progress secondaries..The thread title is woodstock progress install with pics posted on Dec 15 if you are interested..
  18. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    :) Color me amused . . . funny stuff.

What's not so funny is the Progress H . . . I still cannot get over how beautiful this stove is . . . this stove is much more to my tastes than the fancier Fireview . . . it looks wicked sharp.
  19. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    I gotta admit - Woodstock smacked a grand slam with that stove. I have not been this impressed with a new stove in a long time. I can't wait for this stove to get some burn time under its belt to see how it shakes out for the long haul.
  20. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    Watching for fire.
  21. WarmInIowa

WarmInIowa Member

Loc:
    Central IA
    So far, the opinions expressed all seem to favor the PH looks. For the record I like the Fireview, but it goes well with my house. I understand the Fireview isn't at all modern and would not go with many homes. I just wanted to speak up for the Fireview for the record. (and yes, I have a PH on order - I don't care - I just want more heat)
  22. Waulie

Waulie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nothern Lower Michigan
    My stove is prettier than your stove! ;-P

Teasing, of course. The Fireview is indeed a beautiful stove! I definately considered it, but my house is at the upper range of what the Fireview can handle and frankly after using smoke dragons all these years I just can't wrapped my head around such a tiny firebox. Heck, the PH firebox even seems small to me. I'll be interested in your comparisons between the two.

Edit: The rear clearances on the Fireview are also a killer for me.
  23. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Waulie, how have your burn times been? Are you burning mostly with the cat engaged or with the secondaries?
  24. Waulie

Waulie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nothern Lower Michigan
    Neither, BG. Unfortunately, there was an issue with the firebox bottom and they had to ship a new one. It's due to arrive tomorrow and I should be burning for real by Saturday evening. I will definately update with my initial thoughts.
  25. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Bummer, sorry to hear that. The anticipation must be driving you nuts. What was the problem? How easy/hard is this replacement going to be?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.