Another question about thermometer placement--Regency F2400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbk2000

Nov 24, 2007
Coastal Maine
I know there has been a number of questions on this board about thermometer placement, but I couldn't find the answer to my question. My stove is a new Regency F2400 and I'm getting lower temps on the single wall pipe than the actual stove top. (300-475 10" or so on the pipe vs 450-500+ on the stove top. (I think my wood is wet)) I haven't tried to test it on the door front. Which is the correct placement for this stove?

I would place the thermometer 18" above the stove with a flue probe style thermometer. Also, nothing wrong with stove temps being higher then pipe temps.. the more efficient a stove burns, the lower the flue temps will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.