Another reason I like our wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellery

Mar 1, 2014
National Forest, NorCal
The power went out this afternoon right after I put chicken in the oven and mirepoix on the stove top! Didn't skip a beat .. just moved the cast kettle to the back shelf and shifted the pans to the top of the wood stove.

Low 40's outside and watched the ghost flames burn with a smile as the thunder and lightning boomed on. Dinner still going and stove heat still warming the house.

Husband went under the deck and got the generator going so we could keep listening to the music on the stereo. Could have pulled the stove out and plugged it into the generator I guess but why bother?

Can't remember the last time the power went out.

LIfe is good :)

One day I should put a picture of our stove there but this one of our ex-feral somehow seemed to work for me. Poor thing used to be scared all the time, now look at him! Life of Riley, always sleeping and relaxing near the stove, all fear gone : )

Reactions: Bobbin
Status
Not open for further replies.