Another reminder to be safe while cuttin..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
Right around the corner a local guy was killed in a tree cutting accident yesterday. He was cutting a tree that a good lean to it and when it broke off the stump he somehow went the same direction that it was falling. He was killed instantly.

Just another reminder that we need to be careful out there.

Edited: got the correct info from the a guy who was cutting with him

What town did this occur in?

Got a dead, rotting one leaning into another pine that I need to take down before it falls on my kids (they like playing in those woods near the house). Not looking forward to this particular adventure......going to do a thorough risk assessment long before I even think about pulling the rip cord on the saw.

Any tree you are felling can turn ugly quick! Wedges bull line winch and lots of trigger time all help but you just never know. Exit,Exit,Exit,Exit spots and your head out of the strick zone. Nothing safe about felling. Lots going on in a very short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.