Another report on the new King Ultra,please don't get bored.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Finally got my King hooked up with 2'45's and rid of the 1 90,temps dropped to 25 last night loaded him up at 4pm with ash and cherry he got up to 650 real quick,cut him back to 2 and watched a beautiful fire for about 3 hours. Kicked him down to 1.5 house a real dense warm 74 degrees. It's 9am stovetop 375 house 72 degrees.No need to load him up until tonight about the same time my guess.If he doesn't perform any better the rest of the winter I'm happy,still haven't got out the heavy duty cold weather fodder,split stacked ,dried oak,beech,locust,hedge and hickory,about 35 cords.After 4 woodstoves in 7 years might have hit a home run.Updated pics soon to be posted.

Sounds great, but I think your going to get bored loading that thing once per day. ;-)

Most definitely,hard to believe such a minor change can make that big an impact.

I noticed same big difference when I went to double wall & 2 45°s.
Glad to hear the success.
Warmed up here to high 20s, loaded last night around 10PM, still cranking out heat, house 74 (to warm IMO)
You might burn forever with a full load of locust :)

Todd said:
Sounds great, but I think your going to get bored loading that thing once per day. ;-)

Blaze King yada, yada, yada
Once a day! yada, yada, yada
Once a week! yada, yada, yada
Once a month! yada, yada, yada
Never load again! yada, yada, yada
It loads itself! yada, yada, yada
It hauled a face cord to the porch for me! yada, yada, yada
It's moving me and my family to the FL Keys....
Where will it end I ask you?

You Blaze King guys and gals. Where's the fun? Yawn! Yawn!

We should be so bored huh Todd? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.