Another saw?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTT S.

Burning Hunk
Mar 22, 2014
Waupaca WI
I have a stihl 260 and 460. A buddy just offered me a nice 036 for $250 is it a good deal, do you think I would use it enough to justify another saw in the stable?

It's a good deal, but I doubt you'd use it enough to justify keeping it around. An 036 is a great choice if you're only going to have one saw, but there's no reason to sandwich one between an 026 and an 046 unless you're really enthusiastic about redundancy. There's no gap there that needs filling.

Can you afford it? If yes then go for it. Might not get a lot of use but I doubt you will regret it. If you do, just sell it.

Last edited:
Both good points. I'd buy it, just to have

If I had the money I would do it. Never hurts having spares.

If it's real nice, I'd buy it, that's a good price on a good saw. The 036 and the 360 are basically the same.

I run a 361, and it's a something else, but they bring a whole lot more money. At that price, I'd pick it up and add it to the collection. Parts are readily available, and without the emissions, they're not making any more of them.

I have a 026 and a 360. The 026 is my go to saw for all but the big stuff. For now I keep a 25 inch bar on the 360. I will be picking up a 066/660 one of these days for the big stuff and then I will be set. Then I will run a 20 on the 360 for a midsize. A 360 with a 20" bar is a monster. 16" on the 026 and a 28" on the 066. Anyways thats my plan for the perfect setup. Thats a cheap price for a 036

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies still haven't made my mind up , agree with all posts, I just hate seeing equipment sit. The only thing I hoard is wood I'm thinking I'm going to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.